What is the Master of Professional Science in Biomedical and Health Informatics program?
The MPS is an interdisciplinary, 35-credit, non-thesis degree program. Graduates of the program will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Management of large scale projects related to clinical and public health information systems
- Development and evaluation of health information systems that impact clinical decision making and health care quality
- Analysis and management of health data for improvement in clinical practice, biomedical research and public health services
The program combines strengths through a partnership of several top-ranked academic units on UNC campus. Its interdisciplinary nature draws faculty and scholars from information and computer science, public health, biostatistics, medicine, nursing, dentistry, and pharmacy.
The MPS in BMHI is now available in both residential and online formats.
Students can choose from three different tracks to complete the degree:
- 1 year - fast track
- 1.5 years - standard track
- 2-4 years - part-time track
If you have questions or would like to request more information, please consider completing the brief form below.