MPS | Curriculum | Tuition/Scholarships | Internship | Presentations | Apply | FAQs | Contact Us
Tuition and Fees Schedule
Tuition and fees will depend on the number of credit hours that a student decides to enroll in any given semester.
For the most up to date information on tuition and fees check the University Cashier’s website.
* The program can be pursued on a full time or a part time basis.
* For all UNC staff and for many employees of organizations in the RTP area, some or all courses can be paid for through employee training benefit programs (please check with your employer or check with us!).
CHIP offers a scholarship for in-person applicants/students. Scholarships for online applicants/students are not available at this time.
- Merit-Based Scholarship: Aims to support students with a competitive academic profile and demonstrated leadership skills. The award will be used towards tuition in the first semester of the program. Awardees will be notified via email.
- Eligibility: open to all on-campus applicants.
- Deadline for Spring 2024 - October 11, 2023
- Deadline for Fall 2024 - May 15, 2024
Additional financial/funding information:
- NC Residency: Residents of North Carolina may attend UNC at Chapel Hill at a significantly lower cost. Please refer to the Graduate School's Web site for North Carolina Residency for Tuition Purposes, which contains information about NC residency requirements and how to apply for resident status.
- UNC Scholarships and Student Aid: handled by the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid. Application is made by completing the FAFSA form and requesting that financial information be sent to UNC at Chapel Hill. For questions regarding need-based aid, please consult OSSA directly.
- UNC's Graduate Funding Information Center: GFIC supports current and prospective UNC-Chapel Hill graduate students seeking sources of funding for independent research, collaborative projects, fellowships, program development, and other scholarly activities.
- Funding Information Portal, a collection of databases and other resources selected to help UNC graduate students, faculty, and staff identify and apply for funding opportunities.
- Carolina Internal Funding Database, a small database of funding opportunities available specifically for UNC students.
- Work opportunities: Numerous student assistant positions are available in on-campus and off-campus units. Students must apply directly to the individual departments or organizations for these positions. Students are encouraged to visit the Work and Project Opportunities on our website, as well as other resources on campus (for example: the Careers section of the SILS website).