MPS | Curriculum | Tuition/Scholarships | Internship | Presentations | Apply | FAQs | Contact Us
Tuition and Fees Schedule
Tuition and fees will depend on the number of credit hours that a student decides to enroll in any given semester.
The following schedule shows the tuition for both resident and online students per semester. FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Per Credit Hour
Semester Full Load Max Rate
* The program can be pursued on a full time or a part time basis.
* For all UNC staff and for many employees of organizations in the RTP area, some or all courses can be paid for through employee training benefit programs (please check with your employer or check with us!).
(Last updated August, 2021)
For the most up to date information on tuition and fees check the University Cashier’s website.
CHIP offers three types of scholarships for in-person applicants/students. Scholarships for online applicants/students are not available at this time.
- Need-Based Scholarship: Aims to provide financial relief and will be used towards tuition in the first semester of the program.
- Eligibility: open to all on-campus, spring 2022 applicants who face financial challenges in paying for their education. Summer and Fall 2022 scholarship applications will open by January 2022.
- Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: August 31, 2022. Award recipients will be notified by mid-September via e-mail.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)Scholarship: Aims to support students from historically underrepresented groups to provide financial relief. The award will be used towards tuition in the first semester of the program.
- Eligibility: open to all on-campus, spring 2022 applicants from historically underrepresented groups. Summer and Fall 2022 scholarship applications will open by January 2022.
- Amount: $1,500
- Deadline: August 31, 2022. Award recipients will be notified by mid-September via email.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: Aims to support students with a competitive academic profile and demonstrated leadership skills. The award will be used towards tuition in the first semester of the program. All applicants will be considered for this scholarship by the Faculty Review Committee at the time of application reviews. There is no need to submit additional paperwork to be considered for this scholarship. Awardees will be notified via email.
*CHIP reserves the right to modify scholarships (i.e. amounts, deadlines, etc.)
Additional financial/funding information:
- NC Residency: Residents of North Carolina may attend UNC at Chapel Hill at a significantly lower cost. Please refer to the Graduate School's Web site for North Carolina Residency for Tuition Purposes, which contains information about NC residency requirements and how to apply for resident status.
- UNC Scholarships and Student Aid: handled by the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid. Application is made by completing the FAFSA form and requesting that financial information be sent to UNC at Chapel Hill. For questions regarding need-based aid, please consult OSSA directly.
- UNC's Graduate Funding Information Center: GFIC supports current and prospective UNC-Chapel Hill graduate students seeking sources of funding for independent research, collaborative projects, fellowships, program development, and other scholarly activities.
- Funding Information Portal, a collection of databases and other resources selected to help UNC graduate students, faculty, and staff identify and apply for funding opportunities.
- Carolina Internal Funding Database, a small database of funding opportunities available specifically for UNC students.
- Work opportunities: Numerous student assistant positions are available in on-campus and off-campus units. Students must apply directly to the individual departments or organizations for these positions. Students are encouraged to visit the Work and Project Opportunities on our website, as well as other resources on campus (for example: the Careers section of the SILS website).