RTI International's Clinical Research Informatics team is seeking a senior-level candidate to provide technical leadership, project management expertise and software development solutions to support a wide range of clinical and epidemiological web, desktop, and database-application development efforts. The position requires frequent communication with organizational end-users and technical staff, to clarify study processes and objectives. The position will require a comprehensive understanding of software development lifecycle methods and project management techniques. The ideal candidate has a mix of skills including, software development, process management, requirements analysis, quality management, and experience establishing strong client relationships. The candidate is expected to rely on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve study goals and objectives.
As a Research Programmer/Analyst at RTI International, you will be part of a research team working to directly impact our nation’s health.
• Work with research project teams and technical teams to plan, design, and implement research information systems;
• Communicate process changes to internal and external research partners;
• Analyze requirements, design, document, and test new applications as well as maintain and support existing applications;
• Consult with subject matter experts to document existing processes, document research and development best practices, and propose future processes in the spirit of continuous improvement;
• Support and enforce standards and methods for software development efforts;
• Maintain and refine documentation standards for all aspects of the software development lifecycle;
• Perform encoding, testing, debugging, and installation as necessary to meet project specific goals;
• Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Standards and Guidelines and ensure adherence;
• Assist with business development efforts which may include writing federal proposals and creating/maintaining marketing materials;
• Collaborate with other team members to assure tight, cross-functional integration;
• Commit to high standards of quality and participate in quality initiatives; and
• Research, recommend, learn, and apply new technologies.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Biomedical Informatics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology or other related discipline plus at least 10 years related professional experience; or
• A combination of performance, education and prior directly related experience may be considered as equivalent to the above requirements provided that the individual possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements satisfactorily.
• Demonstrated client-focused applications design and development experience using current technologies;
• Direct experience developing online Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems;
• Experience applying process standards;
• Background using source-code control and task-tracking software, such as Git and Jira;
• Familiarity with creating and maintaining documentation for all aspects of software development (design, requirements, testing, technical specifications, deployment specifications);
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively work independently and as part of the study and applications development project teams; and
• Legal authorization to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
• Experience developing applications in the context of research studies; and
• Proven experience mentoring and helping lead teams of junior developers and data managers.